Here are a few of the frequently asked questions. If these don’t satisfy your quest for knowledge contact us.
Can I get trench with solid bottoms?
- Yes, our One Piece Multi-Duty and HS20 trench bases can be made with solid bottoms. Just specify option S. example BMS2015-120.
Which is faster to install One Piece or Component?
- One piece is faster to install since you are laying 10 ft at a time.
What is an estimate of the installation time?
- Generally a 4 man crew can lay about 150 linear feet per day depending on experience, the type of trench and the complexity of the layout.
Does your trench have reinforcing in it?
- Yes, we have D8 to D20 Welded Wire Fabric throughout which gives our trench the durability our customers require.
What are your concrete pedestrian lids made of?
- Our Concrete Pedestrian lids contain reinforcing steel and high strength structural fibers. This gives the lids strength and crack resistance.
Do your trench bases require bracing during installation and backfilling?
- No – our trench is made of high strength concrete with steel reinforcing. It is very durable and withstands the backfill pressures by itself.
Do your HS20 trench bases require ‘Protection Rods’ to support the Fibrelite lids ?
- No – unlike our competition the Fibrelite lids are HS20 rated and do not require ‘Protection Rods’ to meet the test load requirements.